Sydney Opera House

Sydney Opera House
This is where I get to go!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

First Day of Classes


So after a week of fun times and beaches it was time to get back to reality and school. I've now been out of school for two wonderful months. But back to the grindstone. The one major complaint I have about ICMS is the fact that the school does not let you create your own schedule they do it for you, you do however after your enrolled in a class get to change the time. It took nearly a week of haggling and emailing a guy in the IT department to be enrolled in 4 classes that were approved and will transfer back to my school.
It's now 7:15 and I go to breakfast with my roommate and then head off to my first class. It's a good class. Called Facilities Management. The teacher is a really cool older man from Australia and he likes to talk so the class goes by fast and we get out early. This is also when I find out that classes are starting 15 min early and ending 15 late because some kids have to walk up the hill to get to 2 classrooms that are a fifteen minute walk.
After my class I stay in uniform, because if I want lunch you must be in it. Which sucks because our cafe is outdoors. But I am happy to say that the food is pretty good. After lunch about 8 of us go to the beach to lay out and soak up some of the Australian sun. :) Then after a couple of hours come back up for showers and dinner.
It was a good day, and by then my schedule was set and I was looking forward to the term, minus the uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment