Sydney Opera House

Sydney Opera House
This is where I get to go!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Royal Randwick Horse Races!






And after classes were over on Friday I was off to the horse races with everyone! About a couple of days before the races they went to half price which made them only 12 bucks so almost everyone went. Every one got dressed up and ate breakfast then we were off to catch a ferry to Sydney. From there we caught a bus to the Randwick stadium where the horse races are held. The stadium is gorgeous and very vibrant. So were the people every one was dressed up and all the women had hair pieces or hats on. It was quite a spectacle.
The races go on all day long and we got there shortly after the third race. After each race everyone goes and sits back down so for the fourth race we were in the front row at about 25 meters out from the finish line which is a very exciting place to be.
During the 4th race I was standing next to a woman who knew one of the jockeys. She yelled his name and got his attention after the race (which he won) she made $200 off of the one race. It turned out she went to school with him. It was interesting to meet someone who knew a jockey.
We watched a couple of races and by the 5th everyone was about to try their luck at betting. I bet ten dollars with 4 other girls and we went in on one horse to place. It was really exciting to yell for a horse you really hoped to win. Unfortunately, our horse cam in 4th instead of 3rd so we lost our money but it was a great time. For the 7th race multiple people were going in on horses and I decided to bet by myself and I put 5 dollars on two different horses. Neither of them placed or won, but one came in 4th again. So I called it quits with the betting and watched the 8th race which was a sprint and really fun to watch.
After the 8th race most of us left and got a bus back to the wharf . Ashley, Alex and I decided to take picture with the Sydney Harbour Bridge and The Sydney Opera House the pictures were amazing and I am so thankful that Ashley talked me in to taking them as I was all dressed up and they look amazing. Then we grabbed some Hungry Jacks aka (Burger King) and caught a ferry back to Manly. The rest of my night was quiet and I enjoyed the rest of my weekend before the chaos of finals started.

No comments:

Post a Comment