Sydney Opera House

Sydney Opera House
This is where I get to go!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Realizations

So while I've been living the lazy life in Australia I have found that my life was not how I once saw it. I've come to realize the people who mean the most to me and the people who I thought were close to me were only there as long as I was. I found that my true friends stayed in contact with me throughout my adventure and wanted to know about what was happening. Going on this trip helped solidify friendships and reinforce the strong bonds I already had at home. I realized that my family means a lot to me and that they are the best party of me, they kept me strong when I am not.
This trip I found that people are the same all over the world. They can be generous, self-less, fun and engaging. I also found that people can be elitist, self-serving and oblivious. I was shocked to learn that some Australian's are so very similar to the "ugly American" that they too can be ridiculous about their homeland and a little elitist. However, there are others that are so sweet and generous about sharing their home with me and the knowledge that have learned about Australia. My trips across Australia have given me an insight to my life and made me re-evaluate what is important to me. I really do just want to be happy and enjoy my life. I am going to reach for things that I never thought were possible, because the worst thing that could happen is that I would fail.
Australia meant freedom to me when I left, now it means knowledge about my self. Australia has been a life altering event and I thank everyone for their support and love. What I'm looking forward to when I get home is:
My parents and my good friends!
A great Mexican dinner
Driving again, though I'm going to be a bit confused which side to drive on.
Walmart and how cheap it is.
Taco Bell...yum
Going out with friends
Bed, Bath & Beyond and my friends there.
My animals, especially Nikki my over protective and entirely lovable Rottweiler.
MSU and how amazingly smooth they function.
And of course the USA, I have seen flaws but I love it all the same

Next I'll be off to New Zealand! Look for an exciting up date there!

No comments:

Post a Comment