Sydney Opera House

Sydney Opera House
This is where I get to go!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Break!


So Spring Break finally arrived on Tuesday March 30th. And I'm proud to say I almost got all of my homework done in advance so I'm not completely freaking out right now. Anyways we took a cab to the Wharf because it was raining here all day Tuesday, caught the Ferry to Circular Quay and the train to the airport to catch our flight to Melbourne. We got to the rain station to buy our tickets and only the kiosks were open. We didn't know which ticket to purchase, luckily a really nice guy behind us helped us out. Turns out he lived in the States for 6 years. Once we got to the airport we checked in. We flew with Tiger Airways and they were very strict about the weight limits of you bags mine weighed roughly 14 kilos so about 30 pounds, I was pretty close to going over. But it went through then we headed to an airport cafe for a cider while we waited for a hour and a half for or flight to be to board.
During the hour and a half they changed our gate so we had to go over to the other side of the airport to board. You could defiantly tell that it was a budget airline as I had to walk out on the tarmac to go up the stairs to board the plane. The flight was interesting though, as I had three pre-teen boys behind me who were pretty rambunctious. But the two flight attendants were hilarious and most obviously gay made the trip so much more enjoyable as they made jokes the entire time. The flight was only about and hour and a half long and we got off then caught a taxi to our hostel, which was about 30 minutes away.The taxi was pretty expensive about 45 dollars.
We checked in to the hostel, I was in a separate room than the two girls I traveled with. We got in at about 11:30 pm. I went to my room and people were already asleep so I had to be really quiet getting up to the bunk which was the squeakiest bed I have ever heard. If I so much as blinked an eye it would squeak. at about 2 am some dumb girl turned the lights on to get dressed for bed. the light was 2 feet above my bed. Awesome. The next morning the same girl ans a guy got up at 5 am and turned the lights on for about an hour and carried on a conversation. How sweet of them. Luckily they left and I had to be up and out by 7:20 to be picked up for our 3 day tour any way.
The picture is of my hallway, on the left are the toilets, and then the showers. This is taken from the room I shared with 7 other people :)

No comments:

Post a Comment