Sydney Opera House

Sydney Opera House
This is where I get to go!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Finally an Update!

So here's whats happened since you last tuned in. I Left for Australia at 8 a.m. on Sunday morning 9central time). Mom and dad sent me off and made sure I got through airport security. I hopped on my flight to LAX around 10 a.m., but soon realized that we had a stop-over in Chicago. This was my first time in Chicago airport, so I was there for 30 min and realized the kid behind me David was also going with AustraLearn.
So I took the flight to LAX and went to retrieve my luggage, the time is now 4:30 Waited for forever.Never arrived. Awsome. Went to baggage claim waited for dumb attendants,of which only 1 of 5 were working. And was told that my luggage was being sent over to Quantas my airline, the lady at MCI sucks, as she told me I had to get my luggage at LAX. So David and I went to dinner at Chili's in LAX and then I met up with everyone for the group flight. However I forgot to set back my watch so I realized around 8:30 central time that it was really only 6:30, yey only 5 more hours of waiting. Everyone beagn arriving and kept arriving until an hour before the flight.
We played card games and tried to learn evryones names. By far John is the funniest kid I've met as he didn't know until now that we have to wear uniforms at school (a bussiness suit) he is devestated, I find it hilarious as does everyone else.
So finall at 11:10 we board our flight, which is a 747, let me tell you this thing his huge! It's double the height of a regular plane. So I strap in and prepare for the 16 hour plane ride...
at about 3 a.m. dinner is served I had chicken and it was actually pretty good. then I watched the movie All about Steve, with Sandra Bullock, did not like the ending. Shortly after that I fell asleep, slept for a fitul 5 hours and woke up and watched 500 days of Summer (while a snack of fruit and snack pack with water is served), good movie :) Then I fell aleep for an hour. About 6 a.m. pacific time breakfast was served, only 5 more hours and I would step off the plane to Brisbane, Queensland Australia!
When we arrive in Brisbane we all (30 ish of us) have to retrieve our luggage, go through customs, check our new luggage and go through security again. and get to another terminal by bus across the airport in about 1 1/2 hours. In Australia though security is not as strict and I didn't even have to take off my shoes! We then all borded a plane to Cairnis, Australia for a 2 hour flight, which seemed like cake at the moment and was really fun due to our attendants and a percouious 14 year old gilr in the back who had opinions on evrything and was trying to hit on a 16 year old at the front of the plane. Pretty sure this girl was a pathological liar as she said she went to 36 primary schools, and and T.I.'s (the rapper)number and some other celebrity's email... nothing she said can now be relied upon.
So we arrive at the airport where 4 AustraLearn guides help us find our way to baggage claim get our luggage and get onto a bus for a 20 minute drive to our hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment